In our restaurants we have a Vegetarian dish called the Veggie Soy Medley (a.k.a. Veggie Chunks). Ours is a mild stew combined with vegetables and spices to create a great tasting non-meat dish. However, today we are giving you a little spicier version compared to what we have on our menu, but the same preparation is involved. Check out the recipe below.
For 8 people
- 2 cup(s) veggie chunks
- 2 cup(s) tomatoes, chopped
- 3 cup(s) boiling water
- 2 stalk(s) scallion, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon(s) scotch bonnet pepper, de-seed and chopped
- 3 tablespoon(s) soy sauce
- 2 teaspoon(s) dark sugar
- 1/4 cup(s) Vegetable Oil
- 1/4 cup(s) celery, chopped
- 1 small green sweet pepper, diced
- 1 small red sweet pepper, diced
- 1 teaspoon(s) oregano
- 1 tablespoon(s) chilli powder
- 2 can(s) Kidney Beans, drained
- 1 can(s) Whole Kernel Corn, drained
- 1 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1 teaspoon(s) Black Pepper
- 1 cup(s) Tomato Ketchup
Veggie Chunks Chilli Con Carne Directions
Add soy sauce and dark sugar, allow to marinate for 1/2 an hour.
In a frying pan heat Vegetable Oil, add remaining chopped scallion, onion, and scotch bonnet pepper and stir, add veggie chunks and stir well.
Add celery, sweet peppers, oregano and chilli powder.
Add Red Kidney Beans and Whole Kernel, stir and allow to heat through.
Add Tomato Ketchup and chopped tomatoes. Leave to simmer for 3-4 minutes.
Add salt and pepper to adjust taste.
To Serve: Serve with rice, taco shells and green salad.
What do you think about this recipe, have you ever tried it before? Hail us up in the comments below.
via Grace Foods