Lasagne makes a filling meal. With this Italian delicacy you can use versatile stuffings to customize your own dish and make a nutritious dish for you and your family. Lasagne isn’t of Jamaican origin, but as you know, we Jamaicans put our take on everything. Today we give you a mouthwatering Beef Lasagne recipe that will keep you going back for more, even when you are full. You a go luv it! (Jamaican accent). Check out the recipe below.
Preparation time: 10m
For 6 people
- 1 packet(s) lasagna noodles, cooked and drained
- 1 1/2 pound(s) minced beef/ground beef
- 1 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1 teaspoon(s) black pepper
- 4 clove(s) garlic, crushed
- 1 large tomato, diced
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 large green sweet pepper, chopped
- 1 teaspoon(s) scotch bonnet pepper, chopped
- 2 sprig(s) fresh thyme
- 1 tablespoon(s) dried Italian spice
- 1 can(s) tomato paste (small)
- 2 tablespoon(s) Margarine
- 1/2 pound(s) cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/2 pound(s) mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup(s) powdered Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) fresh basil
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) parsley
- 1/8 teaspoon(s) paprika
Beef Lasagne Directions
In a hot skillet, saute minced beef for about 10 minutes. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Add seasonings and cook for about 3 minutes. Add tomato paste and reduce.
Use 1 tablespoon Margarine to grease a 9×13 Pyrex dish.
To Assemble Lasagne:
Place 3 layers of lasagne on the base of the dish, add a mixture of cheese, minced beef, another layer of lasagne, cheese, minced beef, lasagne, a mixture of cheese and minced beef and a final layer of lasagne.
Brush lasagne with remaining Margarine, sprinkle on a mixture of cheese and 1/4 cup of powdered Parmesan cheese, and chopped herbs (fresh basil, and parsley) and paprika.
Bake at 180°C (350°F) for 45 minutes.
What do you think about this dish? Hail us up in the comments below.
via Grace Foods