Hmmm! Curry Chicken, a well known dish the world over. However, today we a re giving you a recipe with a nice little twist. We featured the Jamaican Curry Chicken recipe on our blog a few months ago but today we offer you Chicken Curry cooked down in creamy Coconut Milk. Check it out below.
Preparation time: 25m
- 1 stalk(s) escallion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1 whole scotch bonnet pepper
- 2 tablespoon(s) ginger, chopped
- 2 whole chicken breasts
- 1 can(s) Coconut Milk
- 1 teaspoon(s) black pepper
- 2 tablespoon(s) red sweet pepper, julienne
- 3 clove(s) garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup(s) Vinegar
- 1/2 cup(s) chicken stock
- 2 tablespoon(s) Vegetable Oil
- 2 tablespoon(s) green sweet pepper, julienne
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) scotch bonnet pepper, finely chopped
- 4 cup(s) water
- 1 sprig(s) thyme
- 1 tablespoon(s) curry powder
- 2 tablespoon(s) yellow sweet pepper, julienne
Chicken Curry in Coconut Milk Directions
De-bone chicken breasts, cut into strips and wash with a vinegar and water solution, season with salt and black pepper.
Heat Vegetable Oil in a large skillet, add curry powder and allow to burn; add ginger, garlic, scotch bonnet pepper and escallion and stir.
Add chicken breasts and mix well. Allow to cook for 5 minutes.
Add Coconut Milk and chicken stock, mix thoroughly.
Add thyme and the whole scotch bonnet pepper and allow to simmer for approximately 7 minutes.
To Serve: Spoon into container, garnish with green, yellow and red sweet peppers and serve with your favorite starch.
Method Note: To make chicken stock – dissolve 1 packet of Soup Mix in 2 cups of boiling water. Allow to stand for 10 minutes then strain. Use stock as directed.
What do you think about this dish, have you ever had it before? Hit us up in the comments below.
via Grace Foods