The Jamaican patty comes in many varieties of fillings including chicken. Here is our Jamaican chicken patty recipe for our chicken lovers. The Jamaican patty is a pastry that contains a variety of tasty filling. The Jamaican patty can be eaten as a full meal or snack. It is often paired with coco bread as a part of a full meal.
INGREDIENTS FOR CHICKEN FILLING:
- 2 lbs ground chicken meat (In the store ask the butcher to ground it or use a food processor with the grinder attachment.
- 1/2 teaspoon Accent
- 8 sprigs of thyme
- 2 ozs. escallion
- 2 small hot peppers
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- half a loaf french bread
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Grind escallion and hot peppers in a mincing mill.
- Add to ground chicken with salt.
- Place chicken meat in a saucepan making a well in the center into which place 4 sprigs of thyme.
- Cook without adding any water or fat until chicken meat has lost its broth and only very little oil remains.
- Pour off excess oil and add this to the paprika to be used later on, strained for coloring meat.
- While the chicken is being cooked, pour sufficient cold water over bread in a saucepan to cover and soak for a few minutes, then squeeze dry, saving water.
- Pass bread through mincing mill and return the ground bread water with 4 sprigs of thyme and cook until bread is dry.
- Combine chicken meat and cooked bread.
- Add color, paprika in sufficient quantity to color the chicken meat to taste.
- Cook together for a further 20 mins.
- Add Accent . Remove from fire. Cool for filling pastry circles.
So gather your ingredients and go make this tasty meal. You will not be disappointed.
Courtesy of Jamaicans.com
Visit our online store @ www.shop.recafo.com for your Jamaican sauces and snacks today!
Sign up for our ReCaFo Irie Newsletter now! We deliver the vibe of the islands right to your inbox.